Monday, August 16, 2010

A glut...

This weekend it seemed like I actually had some spare time - mainly because there were no immediate deadlines for other work looming - so when I started the drawings for Fan Request Friday I thought I'd have a little fun and see how many I could get done before the weekend was over. Obviously I misjudged my time and that's why I'm posting a little on the late side.
I even decided to wrap up a drawing I had started last week and never finished (the two Storms). Both of these specific Storms were requested by different people and I thought it would be interesting to combine them in one drawing. The old S&M version (as I refer to her) and the latest version.




I also tackled several requests that I was able to combine (Logan, Kitty, Rogue) and instead of doing the usual X-Men: Evolution version I decided to go with the Astonishing X-Men design - I don't think I've ever drawn these characters in any other looks than X-Men: Evolution or Wolverine and the X-Men so this was a fun way to explore something new and to satisfy several suggestions at once.



I also took the opportunity to draw a couple of characters I've never drawn before: Kilowog of the Green Lantern Corps and Red Monika from Battle Chasers.



Unfortunately I was so ambitious, I also started a couple of drawings that I found I'd not allowed enough time for and I'll try to finish later in the week or next weekend.

5 comments:

Lisa S. said...

Ahhh! More Wolverine and Rogue to *squee* over! Thank you! The drawings are all awesome.

Princess Bubblegum said...

I would like to make a request, as I can't bring myself to get a twitter account. Could you do The Monarch and Dr. Mrs. The Monarch? I don't know if you do animated series other than XME, but I would love it if you did!

Christine Rivers said...

Dear Mr. Gordon

I also hope it's okay to make a request here since I'm not on twitter or FB either. In February 2009 you posted here the sketch of one of your commissions, a Rogue-Logan (XME) piece, which I really liked, but I couldn't help wondering what it would be like with Jean in it instead of Rogue. (To be honest, I actually edited the picture and made the said change on it, I hope you don't mind that. If it's not against any rules to show it, here you can check it out: http://tinypic.com/r/2udzz43/4 If this is not right here then just delete this comment please.) I don't know if it's okay to request that sketch with a properly drawn Jean, but if it's not, then the request would be in general something suchlike with Evo Jean and Logan.
Thank you!

Unknown said...

@Christine - no problem at all on either account. Feel free ot post your suggestions here and the pic as well.
Your paste up turned out pretty decent.

I'll put up a blog post asking for requests here as well as soon as I get a moment.

Christine Rivers said...

Why thank you! :) Although I know the editing is a bit lame. But I didn't dare to work the Jean head more into the picture 'cause I was afraid that I'd overdo it and totally ruin the whole thing in the end. But I guess it's good enough to just show the main idea. :)