Saturday, August 12, 2006

Running late...

I just wanted to post something quick for those of you who have ordered sketchbooks and posters...I just wanted to let you all know that they will be coming, but I've been extremely busy with deadlines and now I'm going out of town for a few days. Just be patient and I'll guarantee you that they will show up at your homes soon. Just hang in there.

In the meanwhile, here's another sketch I was commissioned to do back in San Diego.

It's Jean Grey dressed as a queen of the sea - or something. I swear this is actually from a comic. I think it was Byrne arc. The guy had reference for me to use....

13 comments:

Brandon said...

No explanation needed. Great pic.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Evo-Jean looks hot!

Anonymous said...

Not to sound like Paris but that's hot!

Anonymous said...

what deadlines?

Anonymous said...

u know what Steve, in your next post u should give us the opportunity to ask what ever questions we have in our mind or possible requests that can ben approved.

thanks!

Anonymous said...

roxtar - If you go ahead and ask your question, you'll probably get an answer. Steven hasn't been shy about answering Qs posted here before.

But he's likely too busy with that whole working thing to do requests. ;)

Unknown said...

Yes, roxtar, I'm more than glad to answer any questions you might want to ask - within reason, of course. I might not be able to get to them immediately, but I will try.

Unknown said...

roll...deadlines for the HarperCollins SM3 books

Anonymous said...

And because I was curious about that really awesome and unique pic, I looked it up -- the outfit comes from a story in X-Factor Annual #4 (1989) that John Byrne did indeed write and draw.

Apparently, it involved an Atlantean warlord with less than honorable intentions kidnapping Jean.

Go figure.

Anonymous said...

hey Morgan, I'm curious, how did you find the issue that costume was in?

And what does "less than honorable intentions" mean here?

Unknown said...

thanks, Morgan...you win the No-Prize...;)

Anonymous said...

Great work, Steve! I love that outfit she's wearing. It kind of reminds me of Slave Leia from Return of the Jedi. I wonder if Byrne was inspired by that...

Anonymous said...

Mr. Anonymous - I just asked some people that I thought would know. And I guess that'd mean he wasn't interested in Jean for her mind... But the ones that dress you in funny clothes rarely are.

Thanks, Steven. I'm a No-Winner! Woo! ...wait a second...