Friday, July 28, 2006

A sigh of relief...

Sorry it's taken me so long to post about the Comic-Con, but the minute I got back home I was immediately swamped with deadlines for the SM3 books I'm working on. Last night I finally met the most urgent of those and now I can finally breath.
Anyway, it's about time I mentioned the Con...Whew....that was one long weekend. I had a great time meeting many fellow artists that I'd only corresponded with and greeting a lot of appreciative fans. It was very interesting being at the Con from the other-side of the table. This was the first time I participated in that fashion and it was very different. Once again I want to thank Senti for sharing his booth with Francesco and I. He's a great guy and quite an artist. You should check out some of his stuff...http://www.sentiart.com/
I also got to meet Francesco Francavilla in person for the first time. We've worked together and have corresponded for about 2 years and finally were able to look at each eyeball to eyeball - or something like that. This guy is amazing and if you haven't heard of him yet you soon will. You can check him out at http://francescofrancavilla.com/
Despite how busy I wasI did find a chance every now and then to wander around and pick-up a few sketchbooks, but not as many as I would have liked. I also drew some convention sketches and hopefully I'll be able to post them soon enough.
here's one...
I'm sure all of you have heard that this year's con was bigger than ever and it was estimated that 125,000 fans filled the convention center. It sure felt like it. I haven't decided whether I'm going to do the booth next year or not...I might just wander around and see all the sights and enjoy it that way...I'll have to think about it...

2 comments:

Brandon said...

You and Francesco were the first people I met the Convention, and it was a real treat. Thanks for the awesome sketchbook and the inspiration.

Cedricstudio said...

Great sketch! I enjoyed meeting you at the convention and picking up your sketchbook, it's great stuff. Hope to run into you again next year.